Friday, July 11, 2014

CAFE REVIEW # 3 – CAFE COFFEE DAY, INORBIT, VASHI

About the Café

Café Coffee Day is division of India's largest coffee conglomerate, the Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company Limited (ABCTCL), popularly known as Coffee Day. With Asia's second-largest network of coffee estates (10,500 acres) and 11,000 small growers, Coffee Day has a rich and abundant source of coffee. This coffee goes all over the world to clients across the USA, Europe and Japan, making us one of the top coffee exporters in the country.
Their mission is to be the best Cafe chain by offering a world class coffee experience at affordable prices.

A LOT CAN HAPPEN OVER COFFEE - Literally 

My Thoughts

As I have mentioned of I being an ardent CCD customer, but that is soon diminishing and most certainly is history. You can read about my earlier experiences (bad and worse in that order) here:


Tired home after a long day traveling in the suburbs I alongwith a friend decided to visit a café to rejuvenate ourselves with some refreshing coolers. Settling down in corner after a few minutes I went upto the counter and placed our order and flashed the debit card for making payment. At first I was informed that the coolers I ordered were not available. However when I changed my order the guy at the counter informed me about some offer whereby if I buy their merchandise worth Rs.150/- I’ll get a particular coffee for free. Expectedly like any astute person I spent next 10 mins finalizing the things I would buy and gave him the card to swipe for the payment. To my surprise the guy informed me that the swipe machine was not working and they would only accept cash. It was ridiculous of him to make me go through the whole exercise of making changing my order, selecting the merchandise I wanted buy when at the very first instance he knew I was paying by a card and the same was not at option at their substandard outlet.

Even on the earlier occasion when I visited their outlet at CST, Mumbai my friend had to empty his wallet as even there the swipe machine did not work. However even after two horrendous experiences the ardent CCD customer in me dragged me to their outlet for one more humiliating experience.

On the previous two occasions I had chucked Starbucks for CCD even though it was right across the lane. This time I was determined to visit it placed just opposite CCD inside the mall. And I wasn’t even a bit disappointed.

Fruit Verdict


The previous one was a bitter gourd, but even that is better to the experience at various CCD outlets.

Stars: does not even deserve a half star


~ KARAN




No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for sharing your thoughts, keep reflecting ~

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...